About the Team:
A team of individuals from the Williamsport, Muncy, Hughesville, and Turbotville areas of Central Pennsylvania (Lycoming County) who began operating officially in October 2008 under the name Heart of Pennsylvania Paranormal Society (HOPPS).
Laura, and John met after finding they had a mutual interest in joining a local paranormal or “ghost hunting” group. After many months of both searching to no avail, it was decided they would to start their own group. Many people have been involved with their efforts since the beginning, but other interests and obligations preclude them from being full time active members. The list of active team members fluctuates but at this time include: Melinda, John’s daughter and the one who pushed him to look for a group, Miranda who joined our team as a research specialist. I say this as she truly is a specialist and does this for a living. See the resulting article done on Nov 18, 2009 on NorthCentralPa.com http://www.northcentralpa.com/article/allisons-grave-search-truth, and Brian , who was recently invited onto the team and initially started going with us on public hunts almost a year ago. He's very attentive to detail and helps greatly with analysis. He's a logical thinker, and tries harder to disprove activity than to prove it (truly a debunker with great reasoning abilities).
Brian's email is firstname.lastname@example.org, and would be happy to help you with your inquiries. He's taking some of the load off John with analysis and email assistance so he can further learn everything involved with paranormal research, and not just the field work. Please feel free to contact him at any time.
Other members have come and gone but the mission is still the same, truth in all we do.
How Active Investigation Members Are Chosen:
Membership on the permanent active investigation team is limited to invitation only. We do not seek to add new members simply based on your interest, we seek them based on the team's needs and the skills you demonstrate. See "Becoming a Team Member" link to the left for more information.
What We Do:
We look for areas to investigate either by word of mouth, request, or after reading about another team's experiences at a location. We only go to areas already investigated to either validate/refute the findings or to train. Our presentations and investigations are free of cost to the requester/client. We will use our IR cameras, digital recorders, and other equipment to check out claims of paranormal activity, and then get back to you with the results. We make no claims to be able to rid you of your problem, but we can help identify the possible cause and make referrals to people who may be able to. Primarily, we investigate and try to either prove activity is something other than paranormal using scientific methods similar to those of a police investigator. Or, we will attempt to capture the activity on video or audio devices in combination that could be "paranormal" (above the normal understanding we have today) and present it on this website for scrutiny or further analysis. We document everything we do. We give you, the client, audio/video copies of any evidence we find and try to help you understand the meaning of the activity to the best of our ability. There are no experts in this field, but we belong to a network of other paranormal groups and often use each others’ areas of expertise to eliminate the plausible and extract that which is not.
What we don't do:
1. First, we don't trespass! Every place we investigate, we have gotten permission to be there beforehand!
2. We do not investigate claims made by illegal substance abusers, so please don't ask.
3. We don't perform Exorcisms, use Tarot Cards, tea leaves, or Ouija boards. We don’t do spells, conduct séances, or have anything to do with the black arts (we're all Christians).
4. We don't operate alone; someone outside of our group always knows where we are for safety reasons.
5. We don't take risks that might involve injury to ourselves or others and we will attempt not to damage your property intentionally, although accidents can and do happen.
6. We don't get involved with your personal business unless we find illegal activity, which we are obligated to report.
7. We don't divulge your personal information to anyone but our team members without your consent.
8. We don't try to prove anything --we only document, record, analyze and refer as needed. We offer our best educated and researched results on our findings, but not guarantee they're always the only answer.
9. We don't ask for money to investigate, but donations for travel expenses or towards our efforts are appreciated.
How to Reach Us: Email us at:
Service area: As there are so many good teams across the State, we will primarily service areas within the map range shown below. We can travel outside this area if need be, but since we network with others, we may first suggest a group more local to you. We do this out of respect and not treading on others' areas. If we're invited, we will come. Or, if you feel a local team is not as qualified, we will come as well, and assist them in learning as a joint investigation.
About the Videos: You can download the videos and enhance their brightness/contrast with a program called GOM Player, which is on this site and is freeware. Go to the Download Videos sidebar for more information.